Good credit saves you money. A consumer with a FICO score of 700 saves an average of $648 in interest on their credit cards, $600 on their monthly mortgage of $150,000 at 4% interest , and $1,892 on their car loan every year, when compared with consumers whose credit score is below 620
Could your credit use a boost? Here are eight ways to improve your score.
1. Knowledge is power. The first step towards good credit is understanding the basics about credit reporting agencies and credit scores.
2. Never miss a payment. For most people, the bulk of their credit score is based on their payment history, so even if you can only make a minimum payment, make sure you are always making payments on time. One missed payment could drop your score up to 115 points.
3. Try not to use more than 10% of your available credit. While it is important to regularly use your available credit, you should avoid using it all.
4. Don’t close accounts. This may seem counterintuitive, but canceling credit cards has a negative impact on your debt-to-credit ratio as well as your credit history — which are two of the five categories used to calculate your credit score.
5. Get credit to improve credit. If your credit is too low to qualify for a credit card or loan, sign up for a secured credit card. A secured credit card is similar to a gift card, you put down a “deposit” and that amount serves as your credit limit. Make sure that the secured credit card you use reports to all of the credit bureaus to maximize its positive impact on your score.
6. Set up automatic payments. We are all busy people, so it is easy to forget to make a payment. We are big proponents of automating things like this to help you spend your time doing more productive things. Then all you have to remember is to update your credit cards when they expire or get replaced!
Credit Services of America has the resources to assist you in accomplishing these tasks. We have many products and services that will meet your unique circumstance. We can help you reach your goals and help you achieve that standard of living that you deserve. Bad credit is a choice, but the GOOD NEWS is so is EXCELLENT credit. If you are ready to put the past behind you, give us a call today!
A Goal without a Plan is just a Wish. Give us a call TODAY at 844-FIX-URCR or click on the following link creditservicesofamerica.com to schedule your FREE consultation and create your personalize plan to achieve your credit and debt GOALS!
*Individual results may vary. Please call for more details and to discuss your own individual situation. We are not a law firm and don’t give legal advice.